Home > Programming > Three years on

Three years on

Portal cake with three candles On 23 October 2008, on holiday in Devon with my girlfriend, I read an article in the Guardian’s Technology section about the UK games industry. From that point on I was certain that I wanted to become a developer of some kind. I wrote more about this in Finding your passion.

It’s now three years and a day since then, and I’m winding down at my current job in preparation for a move to San Francisco, as I somehow managed to land myself a job at Twitter as a junior front-end engineer. Which was nice. I’m unbelievably chuffed that I’ve managed to get to where I am today, and I hope the next three years will be just as exciting as the last :)

Categories: Programming Tags:
  1. aver
    December 1st, 2011 at 00:28 | #1

Nice story you have (here and in your “finding a passion” post).

I started to learn to program about two years ago. At the time, I didn’t even know what a variable was, but I always had a sense of wonder about how computers and the internet worked; it all seemed like magic.

For the first year I worked really hard, and I could comfortably program. But then my motivation seemed to drop. The field was still interesting to me, but I found that programming was causing me to spend most of my time alone in a darkened room. I had a lot of tech knowledge, but my life in general had become less interesting.

Perhaps I could restart my programming journey, this time being sure to take more breaks and get out more!

Good luck in San Francisco.

2. September 18th, 2014 at 02:14 | #2

Bronk’s Bar and Grill receivesErik and Tracy Brunkow own Bronk’s Bar and also Grill in Lake Area, Minn., about 90 minutes from Saint. Paul. They and their cafe recently were featured in “Restaurant Impossible” on the Food Network. Center was made over, from menu to decor, within a 48 hour period in September. The episode premiered about Dec. 5. Check television set listings for reruns. We spoke with the Brunkows about life through and after being featured on a reality TV show.There’s a lot of sh

3. October 7th, 2014 at 02:03 | #3

Ich bin der Ansicht, dass die Ausfallrate zu hoch ist im Hochschulbereich als gut. Ich denke, dass Hochschul cadetships müssen von Universitäten formalisiert werden, damit die Studierenden in ihrem Studienfach auf einen bezahlten Teilzeitbasis arbeiten und studieren in Teilzeit, was eine Verknüpfung von Theorie und Praxis und Zementieren einer symbiotischen Beziehung zwischen Qualität akademischen Ideen (Theorie) und üben (was wirklich passiert am Arbeitsplatz).. Egal, o

4. October 13th, 2014 at 04:40 | #4

Friday storm stokes flashFt Nike Roshe Run Singapore COLLINS Another thunderstorm, another morning for Larimer County’s mountain residents to Nike Store help Mbt Shoes keep watchful eyes trained within the shifting slopes of the High Park Fire burn region.Flash flooding caused by a Friday afternoon thunderstorm temporarily shut some mountain roads western world of Fort Collins as it provided debris from slopes destroyed by the 2012 fire onto the mountain roads connecting this canyons to the Fron

5. October 16th, 2014 at 02:02 | #5

Titular Slot Shepard Smith? Ya Fox News Roger Ailes jefe anunció, en una conferencia, que explora con Smith una forma de transmitir noticias. Me gusta el Nike Factory ritmo rápido de la posición como mi día pasa rápido, pero me siento frustrado tratando de mantenerse al día w / el constante cambio de las leyes federales / estatales de empleo, las regulaciones y los requisitos de cumplimiento.. Buckley sostuvo correctamente que gastar dinero es una forma de expresi&#

6. October 18th, 2014 at 02:14 | #6

Reach har också automatiserat tungt för CBSE skolor i synnerhet. En gång i tiden var detta en tjänst bara för de mycket få elitpersoner, därav kändis. PRLog (pressmeddelande) februari Oavsett om utveckling och tillverkning av detta chipset var rimligt alls Nike Air Force One Sweden är egentligen inte vårt problem, det är upp till Intel för att räkna ut det här.. Jag vill tacka chefen, ordföranden, alla i personalen och sp

1. September 24th, 2014 at 03:54 | #1
  2. October 8th, 2014 at 00:06 | #2
  3. October 24th, 2014 at 11:48 | #3
  4. November 3rd, 2014 at 04:49 | #4

Comments parsed as Markdown.